Pick & Drop Point
Easy - Moderate
Valley Of Flowers Trek
The Flowers Valley at High Altitude
Call Our Mountain Experts
Valley of Flowers Trek
Get ready to explore the most attractive and charming valley of flowers trek. If you are tired of living the same routine and want to stay away from the hustle & bustle of city life then Trekup India is organizing an amazing trek for you to the Valley. The myriad patches of bright colors under the watchful eyes of the lofty snow-capped Himalayas. This trek is definitely one of the best experiences you will have in your life. This Trek is the essence of the wonders that are perfectly decked by Mother Nature. It is one of the most popular trekking locations in the world that is located in the interiors of Garhwal Himalayas. The words like backpacker’s bliss and photographer’s pleasure fall short in front of the habitat of lovely and charming aura, offered by this valley to its voyagers. If you really want to enjoy nature at its best and stay away from the hustle and bustle of life then this trek is definitely for you. Located at an altitude of 14,100 ft. above sea level, the Valley of Flowers is declared as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. During the winter months, this captivating valley stays frozen and on the other hand, as the summers start, it begins to bloom into a youthful prettiness because the snow melts. The trek is considered an essential part of Nanda Devi Biosphere Reserve that welcomes visitors from around the globe during the peak months i.e., June to September along with the huge variety of gorgeous flowers in different colors as well as shapes. During the trek, this valley also gives you an opportunity to enjoy breathtaking nature views along with some rare species such as blue sheep, red fox, and several others. One of the best things about this trek is beautiful running streams along with stunning floral pastures as well as eye-catchy mountain views. Get ready to explore the astonishing sights of green surroundings that are followed by the gleaming snowy mountains of the Himalayas. When it comes to the most fascinating and enthralling valley in India,This trek is on top because it perfectly displays the abundance of colorful flowers as well as green pastures. You can find thousands of blue Primula blooming in this valley, giving you a picture-perfect view. Primula is one of the most gorgeous and lovely Himalayan flowers. The best time to visit this valley in full bloom is from mid-July to mid-August. You need to trek from Govind Ghat in order to reach the Valley of Flowers and on the route, you will also pass from Hemkund Sahib. From Ghangaria, this valley is about 5km. Trek offers a natural walk into the quintessence of flora and fauna. Not only this, but you can also find more than 300 species of rare as well as endangered species of flowers in this valley. Some of the rare species include Primulas, Calendulas Daisies, Orchids as well as Poppies. As you trek up towards the valley, you can find some amazing Himalayan animals such as blue sheep, black beers as well as the snow leopard. The eye-catchy Flora and Fauna make this location a perfect destination for trekking. If you are an adventure freak then you will definitely fall in love with the mesmerizing view of the Valley. Make sure to keep your camera ready because the captivating scenery at this valley is waiting for you. It is important for you to know that the trek is not easy because the trekking level is moderate along with slightly longer trekking days. This trek will definitely challenge your endurance because there is a steep ascent till Hemkund Sahib. So, prepare yourself accordingly for the trek.
When you stand at the entry of this valley, you will see ahead a mesmerizing colorful carpet of colors flowers laid out which is sure to leave you speechless. Any enthusiast of the Himalaya, thinking about a trek in Monsoon will definitely keep this trek at the top of the list. Undeniably, this valley is one of the liveliest and tempting places that you will come across in the West Himalaya. It is quite popular for a wide variety of flowers as well as alpine trees that perfectly add an enchanted feel to the valley. The complete scenery is serene and you will also come across amazing nature views as well as waterfalls while trekking. If you have a love for mountain landscapes and breathtaking natural views then you need to go for this trek at least once in your life. The Valley of Flowers trek is 1 of India’s hottest treks in the Himalayas. Individuals who have not actually stepped in the Himalayas, have learned about the Valley of Flowers trek. But there’s a good reason for Valley Of Flower’s renowned recognition – it’s 1 of India’s oldest known treks. Throughout 1980, Indian government made the Valley of Flowers National Park, and later on in 2002, it was realized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This pushed Valley of Flowers on the bucket list of trekkers from near the planet. However, you have to remember that Valley Of Flowers trek isn’t simple. It’s a moderate fitness level trek, with somewhat more time trekking many days along with a steep ascent to Hemkund Sahib designed to challenge your stamina. Thus, make nicely for this particular trek. We’ve talked in detail about this trek.
Why Valley of Flowers Trek is Must?
The trek is a must-visit place for trekkers because it offers an amazing trekking experience that is not possible in any other treks. Here are some top reasons why you should go for the this trek at least once in your life.
You will experience a picturesque place where nature blooms with its complete view. The stunning sights of cascading waterfalls, flowery meadows, and small streams are definitely a treat for your eyes.
If the hectic life schedule has taken a toll on you then trek to Valley and spend some quality time in nature and rejuvenate yourself. If you love solitude then this valley will definitely offer you much space.
The gentle cheeping of the birds, uplifting air, the amazing aroma of flowers, and eye-catchy views of nature are perfect for making your trek memorable.
Your trek is incomplete without visiting the Hemkund Sahib Gurudwara which is considered the holiest of worships for Sikhs. The calm & peace of the gurudwara along with mouth-watering Prasad is sure to soothe all your tiredness. In Uttarakhand, Hemkund is considered one of the loveliest lakes.
The stunning view of landscapes and diverse flora & fauna is definitely a dream come true for all nature photographers. If you are fond of nature photography then do carry your camera while trekking in order to capture the beauty of nature that is hard to describe in words.
7 out of 10 trekkers dream of trekking to this beautiful trek because it offers an amazing experience that is beyond your expectations.
The Valley is enclosed in the cradle of the regal Himalayas due to which it is considered as one of the best places to admire these huge guards.
Even though the Valley is located at a remote location but still it is considered one of the most affordable trekking destinations to access in terms of money.
It is one of the most colorful places in the world that is sure to lessen your stress and help you in being relaxed as well as energized in the laps of nature.
While returning back from the trek, you will wish to extend every second your journey because the mesmerizing scenic view of this valley will definitely make
What I love About Valley of Flowers Trek
1. The Valley of Flowers
The largest reason behind me to appreciate as well as recall the trek may be the gorgeous valley itself. when you enters the valley you notice in front of you a colourful mats laid out. The valley is a minimum of a few of kilometres vast as well as over ten kilometres in length. In front of me was the mats with waves of pinks, blues as well as yellows moving along with the breadth as well as breadth.
A narrow course between the blossoms beckons you going much deeper. You today start to see an assortment of blossoms. Not merely in colors however in styles, smell, textures and measurements. A number of tens of measures carry you to an entirely new assortment of blossoms. You wonder who obtained them right here. What made the assortment shift? It had also been fascinating to check out the fundamental fauna shift together with the transforming flora.
I stood by the blossoms, sat down beside them, place down on the little exposed trail attempting to immerse myself and sense a component of the large number of blossoms in the valley. The great mountain breeze coming out of the glacial conclusion of the valley brought with it fragrances which I’d never been before.
2. The climb of trek and Hemkund Sahib
Valley Of Flowers is a moderate trek though the climb to Hemkund Sahib is tough. In six km you get nearly 4,000 ft. Altough this not new struggle additionally, it will get you to some scenic zone which you didn’t suppose.
You will enjoy the entry into the alpine zone while going up to Hemkund. You practically obtain a drone or perhaps helicopter perspective of Valley as well as Ghangaia of blossoms while on the way up. You are able to determine the places you arrived from and the place you went the prior day. A bird ‘s eye perspective throws in a great deal of viewpoint much to landscaping scenery.
As you ascend up steeply you undergo mixed experiences. Making the tree line, getting into alpine meadows, experiencing the slim air and also looking as much as the clean alpine cliffs.
After at Hemkund Sahib, the quietness of the lake as well as the surrounding mountains stun you. The magnificent lake reflecting the environment of its – the Gurudwara and also the mountains causes you to mirror in appreciation about the entire trip of yours. For most, it’s a few minutes of peaceful reflection of the whole life.
3. The cultural experience
Valley Of Flowers isn’t simply a trek. In addition to a a trek on the gorgeous valley, it tells you an amazing trip of trust performed by people. You observe youngsters, children, elderly, middle-aged, tots on this amazing climb to the lake during 14,000 foot. Many folks use the assistance of ponies or perhaps porters but rather a number of them climb on the own might of theirs.
It was heartwarming to discover volunteers sweeping each department of the trail to ensure that it stays neat and working at Hemkund Sahib Gurdwara in temps that are snowy . It absolutely was a fantastic perception to awaken in Ghangria at dawn on the parade phone calls of the Sikh Gurudwara. The trek displays an earth you’d barely notice usually.
Best time to trek
July to September is considered the best time for The Valley.
During August month, you can see the valley in full bloom that gives you splendid views.
Day Wise Detailed Itinerary
Day 1- Haridwar to Joshimath (Drive)
- Altitude, 1900m/6,200ft; Joshimath is 275km from Haridwar.
- You will be picked up sharp at 6:00 AM from Haridwar Railway Station.
- It is going to be a long drive of almost 10-11 hours, so get prepared accordingly.
- In Joshimath, you will get the last ATM point.
- You will also get a small market in Joshimath
- You will not face any networks problem all along the way
- Night stay will be scheduled in a guest house with shared accommodation
- Haridwar to Rishikesh
- Rishikesh to Devprayag (Bhagirathi river and Alaknanda river meets)
- Devprayag to Srinagar
- Srinagar to Rudrapryag (Meeting of Mandakini River and Alaknanda river)
- Rudrapryag to Karnprayag (Union of Pinda River and Alaknanda River)
From Haridwar, we will begin the trip. All the trekkers will be picked up from Haridwar Railroad station and begin the drive to Joshimath. In order to reach Joshimath, we will take the route of Badrinath road and cross Rishikesh, organizing pick up from this point also. On the way to Joshimath, you will come across amazing scenic beauty that is sure to leave you surprised. Make sure you carry your camera in order to capture some amazing and life-long moments.
You might get tired because of the long 9-hour drive to Joshimath but remember you will never run out of attractive and beautiful sights. As we upwards, the river running with you on the parallel side will get wilder as well as fascinating at the same time.
While driving to Joshimath, you will pass by 4 of the Panchprayag or the five blissful connections of Ganga named Devaprayag, Rudraprayag, Karnaprayag as well as Nandaprayag. This is the time when you need to sit with wide-open eyes along with your camera in order to capture some astonishing views of nature that are hard to find anywhere else.
Day 2- Joshimath to Govindghat-Pulna and trek to Ghangharia
- 40km drive from Govindghat to Pulna which is located at a height of 2,000m/6,800ft. The drive will be of 4 hours.
- Trekking for 9kms from Pulna to reach Ghangharia which is situated at an altitude of 2,290m/9,800 ft. You will reach in 4 hours Ghangharia.
- You will trek on a gradual ascent on a stone-paved path along with the river.
- Water is available all along the route so you can refill your water bottles easily.
- Trekkers will be served with packed lunch
- From Pulna, Mule and porter facility is available
- BSNL network will be available only at Ghangaria
- Helicopter service is also available from Govind Ghat to Ghangaria if the weather is good (this cost is not included)
- Night stay in the guest house
- You will also come across some of the amazing sites such as Govind Dham Gurudwara, Govindghat, Hemkund Gurudwara base, Information Center.
Govindghat is almost 22km from Joshimath. Get up early in the morning because after having breakfast you will leave to Govindghat. On the way, you will come across the last Vishnuptayag. By 8 in the morning, we will be reaching Govindghat and drive to Pulna which is 4km away from Govindghat. Be prepared as it will be a 9km hard course along with a stream named Pushpawati.
You will never go hungry on this path because there are several tidbit shops that offer delicious food items such as hot noodles, paratha, tea, omelets with bread, and so on. After reaching Pulna, we will start our trek to Ghangharia on a clearly defined stone-paved path that is suitably built with stairs. You will be arriving at Bhyundar village, after 5km of trekking. This village is famous for offering an astonishing viewpoint of clear Hathi Parvat sights.
The route is also known for offering eye-catchy views of the gorgeous scenery that is created by Mother Nature. You will be served with hot lunch and then move further for the trek which is a little steeper. By the evening but before the sunset, you will be reaching Ghangharia and enjoy a blissful view of the charming location and relax.
After reaching Ghangharia, you will be at an altitude of 10,000 feet. In this area, you will also come across some rare species of birds that are only found in mountains. At night, all the trekkers will be relaxing and staying in the guest house.
Day 3- Ghangaria to Valley of Flower and back to Ghangaria
- Elevation or altitude- 3,500m/11,500ft.
- Distance- Each way it’s 4km.
- Be prepared, as you will be trekking for 7 long hours.
- The valley is almost 6-7km long and ends with a glacier.
- Till the valley, you will find mixed gradient along with level walk on grassland
- On the way, you will come across several streams that are perfect for refilling your water bottles.
- Packed lunch will be served as no food is available in the valley
- Before the sunset, we will return back to Ghangaria as camping is not allowed inside the valley
- A night stay will be scheduled in a guest house.
- In the valley, you will come across beautiful & unique flowers like white leaf hog foot, blue poppy, Himalayan rose, snake foil, dog flower, river anemone, meadow geranium, and hooked stick seed.
Get up early in the morning and have your breakfast till 07:00 AM. Day 3 is going to be quite exciting as we will be trekking from Ghangaria to Valley of Flower and then back to Ghangaria. This day will definitely refill your memories with some amazing & lasting views of dreamland. The trek to Valley will help you to experience the solace of nature without the hustle & bustle of city life because this valley is a true beauty as well as the paradise of nature.
The journey to the trek from Ghangaria is almost 4km. The valley is 6-7km long and the distance traveled in the valley is going to depend upon how the trekkers want to explore the valley. However, it is also going to depend upon the stamina of trekkers. After 30 minutes, when you start from Ghangaria, the forest check post will arrive. Although, you might not find the check post interesting but just before this check post there is a gushing waterfall known as the Laxman waterfall. The next attraction will arrive, after trekking for 20 minutes in the greenery.
This is the point where you will find the Pushpavati river flowing below the wooden bridge, giving a perfect example of beauty. Though it is common but still something unique and mesmerizing to capture in your camera. The trail is steep and stone-paved just like the before days. As you enter inside the valley, you will find several bridges and landslide areas.
Right after entering the valley, you can hear the melody chirping sounds of the birds as well as flowing water. The perfect natural beauty offered at this trek is different and takes you to another world. The valley is going to offer you amazing experiences and beautiful views that are just beyond your expectations. The views of Himalayan peaks are quite relishing and sparkling that you cannot miss.
You will also find some native flowers at Valley of Flowers trek like blue poppy, hooked stick seed, White leaf, meadow geranium, hog foot, Himalayan rose as well as dog flower. After a 5 km stretch at a glacier, all these eye-catchy colorful blossoms will come to an end. In order to make the trek more pleasurable and unforgettable, you can quickly wind up and reach the Pushpavati River because this is something you cannot afford to miss. Near this river, you can find breathtaking views of nature and even relax in the lap of nature.
If you are lucky enough and the weather is good then you can also enjoy famous Himalayan peaks such as Gauri Parvat, Nilgiri Parvat, Rattaban, Bhyundar Khal, and several others. Before the sunset, we will be trekking back to Ghangaria and enjoy lip-smacking dinner.
Day 4- Ghangaria to Hemkund Sahib and back to Ghangaria
- Located at an altitude of 4,300m/14,100ft.
- The distance is 5.5km each way; it is going to be a 7 hours long trek.
- The trek path has a gradual and steep mixed ascent.
- Till Hemkund Sahib, a mule ride service is available.
- From road side dhabas, you can easily refill your water bottles.
- You will be served with hot lunch at Gurudwara langar.
- On the way to Hemkund Sahib, you can find Himalayan blue poppy; Brahma Kamal.
- A night stay will be scheduled in the guest house at Ghangaria.
Early in the morning, we will start our trekking after having breakfast in order to visit the famous holy shrine of Hemkund Sahib. It is located at a height which is alpine as well as above tree line. The track is quite wide and also well-defined because several pilgrims from across the globe visit Hemkund Sahib in order to seek blessings.
While trekking from Ghangaria to Hemkund Sahib, you can find several tea stalls as well as Dhaba. Around this trail, while approaching the height of 4000m, you will find that Brahma Kamal blooms in plenty. With a moderate incline, the climb is continuous. It is going to take almost 3 to 4 hours for reaching Hemkund Sahib. You need to know that The Hemkund Sahib is one of the most valuable shrines for every Sikh and is also considered the world’s highest gurudwara which is located at an altitude of 4,329 meters.
The lake is definitely a treat for your eyes that remains misty in the monsoon season. Don’t forget to spend some quality time around the lake and enjoy a cup of tea which is specially served by the Gurudwara committee.; This place is located between the snow-clad mountains as well as a beautiful serene lake that offers a mesmerizing view of the mystical location.
At the time of clear skies, you can also observe perfect imprints of the butting Saptrishi tops. This lake is mainly taken care of by dissolving ice masses of Saptrishi tops as well as Hathi Parvat. Not only this, but you can also find a strict Laxman sanctuary close to the lake. It is important for you to know that the area surrounding the lake is so enthralling that it will definitely blow away your mind with its picturesque attractiveness and fascinating sights of beautiful flowers such as Brahmakamal, blue poppy as well as Vajardanti.
Since the weather can turn bad at any time, so by the evening, we will be returning back to Ghangaria & where you will be served hot and delicious food. A night stay will also be scheduled here. Get ready to enjoy the impeccable experience and collect some unforgettable memories along with you.
Day 5- Ghangaria to Govindghat and Drive back to Joshimath (Badrinath optional)
- The trekking distance from Ghangaria to Govindghat is 13km which will take a 5-hour time.
- It is just a 20-minute drive from Govindghat to Joshimath.
- All the trekkers will be served with hot and delicious packed lunch on the way.
- A night stay will be scheduled in the guest house at Joshimath.
Note: You need to know that during the Monsoon time, Govind Ghat to Badrinath is a landslide prone area. So, if our leaders will find that your safety is at risk because of the bad weather condition, landslides, or road blockage then we will not drive to Badrinath and drive directly to Joshimath.
After having your breakfast in the morning, you start descending to Govindghat and then finally drive back to Joshimath. From here, Badrinath is almost 25km which will take 1 hour to reach. If the weather and road are good then we will also visit Badrinath. On day 5, the trek will move in the reverse direction i.e., from Ghangaria to Govindghat. The trek is easy and offers you a perfect view of nature that you might not have even expected. After reaching Govindghat, we will head towards Badrinath only if the weather and road are good. The journey to Badrinath is really amazing because it offers a lovely view of waterfalls as well as a gorgeous river.
Note: You need to know that Govindghat to Badrinath is a landslide prone area at the time of monsoon. So, if our trek leaders find that the safety of trekkers is at risk because of the bad weather condition or monsoon then we will directly drive back to Joshimath. You will be reaching Joshimath by evening or night and then a night stay will be scheduled in a guest house.
Day 6:- Joshimath to Haridwar
- After having tea or coffee, we will depart to Haridwar from Joshimath.
- You will be reaching Haridwar in the evening around 6 to 7 PM.
- Get your bookings and tickets done accordingly.
- You can also do the tickets for your hometown after 8:00 PM
This is the last day of the trip so make sure to make the most of it. We will drive back to Haridwar early in the morning by 6 AM so that we can reach by 6-7 PM. You will be served breakfast as well as lunch on the way only.
All the trekkers can get their bookings done for their hometown accordingly after 8 PM.
Food Provided by Us During the Valley of Flowers Trek
We provide only Indian vegetarian food and mainly your meal is going to contain Indian bread, vegetable, lentils and Rice along with delicious dessert. During your trek, we will serve three meals a day including breakfast, lunch, and dinner. In the evening, you will also be served tea & snacks and lip-smacking soup before dinner. If it will be a long day of trekking, you will be given a packed snack.
After doing a lot of research on the nutritional requirements for the trekkers, we prepare the menu. Before putting all the meals together, we also consider altitude gained and weather.
The meal served by us while trek is perfectly balanced with the right amounts of calories, carbohydrates, vitamins, protein, fiber, and minerals. You need to know that all our cooks have great expertise in cooking and have undergone thorough training. So, get ready to enjoy delectable and lip-smacking dishes during your trek. You will be served with lemon tea in the tent in order to start your day with a refreshed feeling. Before leaving the campsite for trekking, you will be given a hot finger-licking breakfast like upma, Aallu Prantha, Besan Chilla, Poha, Daliya, Corn flakes, Maggie, along with tea or coffee.
In case, your trek will be longer one then we also offer some fresh local fruits such as apples and even healthy drinks like Frootie or Maaza. In the afternoon, you will be served simple & healthy lunch, while at around 04:00 pm, you will be given tea and a light evening breakfast. After you reach your campsite at night, you will be served a hot and delightful dinner. After reading this, you must have got the idea about the food provided by us on trek, you don’t need to worry about food. Many trekkers trek with us again and again because of the food we provide. Thus, we will definitely give you unforgettable experiences.
Safety During Valley of Flowers Trek
Trekking with us for valley of flowers Trek is completely safe because we have a team of trek leaders who are qualified in Wilderness first-aid and also have complete information about the high-altitude glitches. During Trek, we carry a complete first-aid kit that contains all the important medicines. Before trekking with us, you need to ensure that you are medically fit for the trek and if you are able to judge yourself then it is better to take advice from a professional. For us, your medical fitness is very important than anything else.
Know About Us:- You need to know that our company Trekup India has been in the field of Adventure Tourism for the last 23 years. Right from our inception, we have been involved in providing treks, voyage & hiking programs as well as high altitude expedition rafting.
We keep on organizing treks in Uttarakhand and Himachal, while being a part of the trekking community, we feature more than 75 Himalayan documented treks. Apart from other outdoor activities, our company also organizes trips for schools, colleges, and family.
We ensure complete technical safety in the mountain
Our company has a vast team of more than 100 guides, as well as trainers in order, serve in the mountain treks. One of the best things about our team is that all the members are trained professionally from Nehru Institute of Mountaineering, Indian mountaineering foundation Delhi as well as Hanifle Center Outdoor Education Mussoorie.
Therefore, we never believe in compromising on the quality as well as services offered to our valuable customers.
For Us, Your Safety Is the Top Priority
At Trekup India, you will find a team with local knowledge and fluency in English as well as Hindi. This helps in ensuring that you have an amazing trek and not only this, we also pay attention to your health as well as safety because this is something we cannot ignore. All the team leaders involved in trekking have already undergone several professional courses in First Aid, Portable Altitude Chamber Training, CPR, Environmental Awareness Training as well as Advanced Wilderness Emergency Medicine.
We also carry a complete first aid medical kit not only on the trek but on each and every trip which is organized by us. Apart from the medical kit, we carry a portable altitude chamber and medical oxygen for all kinds of high-altitude treks . Our company has great expertise in organizing all sorts of group adventure holidays for family groups, school & college groups as well as friend groups. When it comes to travel options, we have a wide range that suits different fitness levels as well as traveling styles.
Therefore, no matter who big the group size, we pay personal attention to each and every member present in the group.
How We Ensure That Your Trek Is Safe with Us
Right from our establishment, we at Trekup India, are continuously involved in introducing new safety practices into Indian trekking in order to ensure the safety of voyagers. For walking on snow, Trekpp India introduced Microspikes and also made emergency bottled oxygen mandatory for all kinds of treks. In order to test pulse as well as oxygen saturation levels, pulse oxymeters are used. As a safety communication device, we at TrekupIndia introduced radio.
Though we have noticed that most of the organizations organizing treks do not follow these systems but with time several competing companies are adopting these practices and organizing great and safe treks.
Explore our New Safety Protocols
In order to ensure a perfect Trek, we have introduced some new safety checks that will assure more safety for our trekkers.
Our On-trek safety checks includes:
- Daily oxygen saturation along with pulse readings
- Stretchers team appointed on every trek
- Trained mountain staff and full safety
- Additional oxygen cylinders
- Special medical kit for high altitude treks
- Microspikes on all types of snow treks
- Experienced Trek leaders as well as safety
- Technical team on all snowy slopes
What should you pack for the Valley of Flowers Trek?
Being an trekking, adventure & travel company, we get many questions from our trekkers and most common question that arises is what to carry or what should we pack for the trek? Sometime it becomes difficult to explain in details and therefore below we have prepared the detailed packing list, helpful for all trekkers coming to the Himalayas. Whenever we go on trek or start packing things one should remember the packing pattern i.e. either you start from head to foot or foot to head, this way there will be rare chance that you will forget the items to pack, so go step by step.
Make sure your backpack should be comfortable neither too big nor to small and for a week trek 60-70 liters of backpack should be enough to hold all your belongings. Ensure that your backpack has good hip & Shoulder support and pockets should be accessible quickly.
All trekkers should keep in mind that daypack is very important, this will be a great help to you while on trek, also every single day you won’t be carrying you backpack therefore for day excursion , shorter hikers, sightseeing you can carry your stuff in it.
- Trekking shoes: Preferably water proof, ankle support.
- Walking / Hiking sandals: This can be used off trek i.e. in the morning and evening hours, basically to get your feet rest from heavy boots, sometime used for crossing streams and rivers, it’s more comfortable and safe than crossing barefoot or wetting your boots.
- Sneakers (Optional): For normal driving days or can use around the camp
- Socks (3-4 Pairs) – Make sure to choose material wisely, it should be quick drying, warm and comfortable.
- Hiking / trekking jacket: Carry good quality layer jackets
- Hiking pants: Check some kind of long nylon blend, light and quick drying pants. Warm covers ups like fleece-lined tracksuit pants or ski pant.
- Undergarments as per your habitual requirement
- T-Shirts and Shorts (3-4 Warm comfortable)
- Ordinary Shirt / T-shirt – Just in case everything gets wet this will help for roaming around.
- Long Sleeve shirt – can be used as a base layer on colder days
- Socks – at least 4-5 pairs
- Leggings – Can be used specially chilling morning and evening , to keep your body warm
- Thermals – get 2 pairs of thermals, this will be great need a body to keep it warm.
- Buff / Balaclava – This is a must to carry to cover your neck and this item is an ideal solution to keep your neck / throat warm.
- Beanie Cap- Very helpful item for colder and windy days should carry 1, also sometime when its freezing cold you can use it a night as well.
- Hiking Hat- this will basically help during the day time specially from the sun rays, make sure it has a strip so that wind does not below is far from your headJ..
- Gloves – 01 pair will be enough to keep your hand warm and nice.
- Rain wears
- Rain Coat and Pant – Carry a pair of it to protect you from the rain OR
- Rain Poncho – during long rains, the waterproof jackets starts leaking but poncho does get work in keeping you dry, so choose accordingly.
- Rain covers: Some small water proof to cover your backpack and daypack as well for your gadgets.
- Gadgets and Electronic
- Trekking Poles
- Mobile phone
- Spare batteries for phone and camera, powerbank
- Light weight flash light or headlight
- Waterproof bag made up of plastic for camera
- Music system / Bluetooth
- Plug/converter for electrical items
- 1 liter water bottle
- Journal with pen would be good idea to keep your notes.
- Some book of your interest for ideal time
- Get into habit of keeping Map and guide book of the region.
- Hygiene & Personal toiletry
- Sunscreen with UV protection
- 1 or 2 small quick-drying towels
- Toilet paper/tissues/wet-wipes
- Toothbrush/toothpaste/ mouth freshener
- Deodorant / Talcum powder
- Sanitary pads/tampons (For female traveler)
- Bio gradable Soap
- Nail clipper
- Your other personal items that you use on daily basis
- Personal First aid Kit and Energy – below are some common medicine generally required / used during your adventure trip, however please consult your doctors prior.
- Antiseptic towel or water syringe (to clean the wound)
- Butterfly bandage for small cut
- Cotton and elastic bandages and sterile gauze pad for larger wounds
- Latex gloves used when its wound bleeds
- Medicine for Diarrhea (Upset stomach)
- Medicine for cold, flue / fever headache
- Some pain killers
- ORS pouches
- Quick pain relief spray (External use)
- Any personal medicine prescribed by your doctor
- Dimox / Similar for high altitude sickness
- Bug Repellent
- Carry some nutria / energy bars and drinks (non-alcoholic)
Note: Kindly consult your doctor before purchasing or taking any medicine.
9.Compulsory Documents to Carry
These are files needed to be submitted at Forest Department before ypur trek. With no of these, you will not be permitted to trek .Original and photocopy of government photo identity card. Carry Id’s like adhaar, voter id, etc.
Important note: You can book rent gears, what you can rent & buy from us and what you need to get from your home town, make your bagpack easy not heavy.
Click the link: https://booking.trekupindia.com/rent-trekking-gears/
Now you are all set for your Adventure trip with Trekup India!!
Trek Cost Inclusion
- Stay is included on all days of the trek ( from Joshimath to Joshimath ). You will be staying in guest house / hotel on sharing basis.
- Transport charges from Rishikesh to Joshimath and return.
- All meals from dinner at Joshimath on Day 1 to breakfast on Day 6 are included. Meals are simple, nutritious and vegetarian.
All the trek equipment will be included like a sleeping bag, kitchen & dining tent, utensils, mattress, tent, toilet tent, and crampon (if needed).
Note:- Tents and sleeping bags are custom made of Trekup India which are tested on high altitudes by our mountain expert trek team.
All the trek equipment will be included like a sleeping bag, kitchen & dining tent, utensils, mattress, tent, toilet tent, and crampon (if needed).
Note:- Tents and sleeping bags are custom made of Trekup India which are tested on high altitudes by our mountain expert trek team.
First aid medical kits, oxygen cylinder as well as stretcher.
Check our on trek safety protocol here.
- All the needed forest entry fees along with permits.
- Your trek will be led by a trained, experienced professional guides and trek leaders with a solid guiding background and trekking experience, medical certifications, and a passion for leading people into breathtaking terrains.
Trek Cost Exclusion
- All kinds of personal expenditures are excluded.
- Anything that we have not mentioned avobe.
- The trek cost is not inclusive of meals bought during the journey on 1st day and last day. ( Food starts from dinner at base camp on day first till last day lunch ).
- Mules or porter charges to carry private baggage (Offload Charges for bag 600 per day, per bag. Note: bag weight should not be more than 11 kg.
- Any kind of emergency evacuation charges
How To Reach Rishikesh?
Jolly Grant Airport is the nearest airport to reach Rishikesh by flight that is located almost 25km away from the city. You can find regular flights from Delhi to Rishikesh.
However, if you are planning to reach Rishikesh by flight then it is better to come one day in advance.
In case, you want to reach Rishikesh from Delhi by train then you have to reach Hridwar 1st then from there you can take bus to Rishikesh its 35 kms from Haridwar to Rishikesh.
From Delhi, you can find a regular bus service for Rishikesh. ISBT Kashmere Gate is the main bus station in Delhi from where you will find both ac and non-ac buses for Rishikesh.
However, it is always better to take government buses from Kashmere Gate ISBT. The bus will drop you at Rishikesh ISBT and then we will send our staff who will pick you up from isbt rishikesh so you need to reach there.
At 06:30 am, Bolero, Tata Sumo, travller or any other vehicle like this will only pick you up from isbt Rishikesh.
By 05:00 pm, you will be reaching Joshimath.