Madhu Makrandgad Fort Trek
Trekup India doesn’t run this Trek any time in the year. It is, however, an amazing trek which you can do by your self or with the help of local guides.
For upcoming treks click link below
Madhu Makrandgad Fort Trek
Madhu Makrandgad Fort, situated near Pratapgad in Maharashtra, has an abundant background going back to the moment of Shivaji Maharaj. The fort, which was as soon as taken into consideration unattainable because of its thick forest cover, was dominated by Shivaji Maharaj. Today, trekkers can come close to the fort from 2 base towns, Hatlot and Chaturbet. The Hatlot route supplies a distinct experience of going through the thick cover of Javali forest, while the Chaturbet route provides a basic Lord Shankar holy place, which acts as an excellent relaxing place for trekkers thinking about a 2-day trek. The holy place lies at the base of the last reach the top of the fort and the descent from the contrary side results in the Chaturbet side of the walking. Trekkers can likewise pick to self-drive to Gonaspur village, which lies on the Chaturbet route, and after that, start a simple 30-45 min walking to the Lord Shankar holy place. The top uses the spectacular scenic sights of Mahabaleshwar.
Important Trekking Tips By Experts?
Quick Trail Details
- A fairly easy to modest walk near Mahabaleshwar that can be ended up in a couple of hours.
- The trail winds via a thick forest, making it ideal for all periods, also throughout the summertime.
- Enjoy magnificent scenic views of Mahabaleshwar and the Koyna river from the height.
Detailed Trail Information Of Madhu Makrandgad Fort Trek
When you get to Hatlot village, you will certainly be required to go across a little bridge in order to start the trek. The trek has a challenging trail; however, it is a slim trail that at first goes by cottages and later on experiences the forest.
It is essential to constantly pick the left route whenever you stumble upon a split in the roadway. When you leave the village, the trek proceeds via a forest trail that goes straight. You will certainly be required to stroll along one ridge of the fort’s framework.
The trail seldom splits, yet it is essential to keep in mind that the fort peak ought to get on your right as you climb up constantly.
After an hour of strolling, you will certainly be concerned about a little location without trees. On your right, you will certainly see a broad stretch of Karvi plants. Karvi is a plant that is handy for travellers and likewise suggests the elevation.As you near the top, drift entrusted to get in a clearing/open meadow. A walk with this location lasts around 10-15 minutes.
The trail is noted with white arrowheads, and you need to maintain your right to return to a forest spot. After a 15-minute stroll, you’ll get to a magnificent Ficus family history.
Take a while to value and soak up the serenity of the environment. The last leg of your trip, lasting around 25 minutes, leads you to the initial look of Shankar Temple. This is an optimal place to camp overnight. If you deal with the holy place’s entryway, the fort’s peak exists to your left.
The route shows up with simple junctions. A short climb of 20 minutes will certainly bring you to an awesome sunset/sunrise perspective.
Different from various other forts in the Sahyadris, Madhu Makrandgad does not use the sight of old doors or wall surfaces. Rather, you’ll run into a substantial framework of piled rocks, providing the mountaintop with a greater altitude.
Given that the fort’s building was never finished, there are no residues of old corridors or doors. Backtrack your steps down the very same trail if you have a lorry waiting at Hatlot.
Bear in mind before adhering to details
- There are no water resources in the process, so if you intend to invest the evening at the holy place, make certain to bring adequate water with you.
- You will not discover any food choices on the trail; however, you can schedule jam-packed dishes from the base village listed below. If you’re coming close to the Gonaspur side, you can call Lakshman Barge at 94213 18358 for fresh dishes that you can load on your own.
- Hatlot Village supplies homestays for a cost of INR 500-700 for twin-sharing areas (flexible).
How To Reach the Start Point Of The Madhu Makrandgad Fort Trek
- Begin by driving from Pune and head in the direction of Mahabaleshwar, which is around 120 kilometres away and a 4-hour drive.
- When you get to Mahabaleshwar, take the roadway that causes Ambe Nali ghat and Pratapgad. You will certainly go through numerous towns, consisting of Haroshi, Kumbharoshi, and Par.
- Transform left in the direction of ‘Paar gaon’ and advance the roadway till you get to a T-junction.
- Transform left once again in the direction of ‘Hatlot’ village and adhere to the roadway for 45 minutes up until you discover a bridge.
- Make a U-turn and head back in the direction of Hatlot.
Along the road, you will certainly go across a holy place on your left and locate a river or stream. There are car park centres offered around.
How To Reach From Pune
From Pune, buses depart from Pune Station, Swargate, and Katraj, giving hassle-free choices for tourists. The very first bus of the day leaves as early as 5:30 a.m., and succeeding buses adhere to periods of practically every 2 hours. The trip takes about 4 hours; however, please note that the period might differ depending on the weather and the chauffeur’s discernment. Upon arrival, you’ll get to the stunning location of Mahabaleshwar. The compensation falls in the series of 130-200, depending on the kind of bus you go with. The regularity of buses from Mahabaleshwar to Hatlot village is fairly reduced.