Pick & Drop Point
Haridwar / Rishikesh / Dehradun Railway Station
Yatra to Kedarnath Dham
Route: Rishikesh-Guptkashi-Kedarnath -Rishikesh
Call Our Yatra Experts
Yatra to Kedarnath Dham
Trekup India welcomes all Yatris to Kedarnath Dham Dev Bhoomi Uttarakhand. During your Yatra trip, is full of spiritualism and at every corner you will find devotees, hundreds of temples, ceremonies, Aarti and much more. In this yatra, we cover most important Kedarnath Dham, lying in high Himalayans mountains and remains closed for six months due to extreme weather conditions as during the winter months entire region is covered with white blanket of snow due to this the location becomes inaccessible. however, the Kapats of Kedarnath Dham’s open during summer (April / May onwards and Closes with the beginning of Winters in October / November)
Day Wise Detailed Itinerary
Day 01 Haridwar / Rishikesh - Guptkashi (4330 Ft) by the surface of 200 Kms, approx. 7 Hours
Today morning meet and received by Trekup India representative / trip driver, all will board the assigned vehicle and thereafter we proceed our drive to Guptkashi. Enjoy the beautiful mountain driver towards our destination. Our drive will pass through some important destinations such as Devpryag, where you can witness confluence of river Alaknanda and Bhagirathi and from here onwards it becomes Ma Ganga. Driving further we pass through big town of Srinagar which is famous for Kamleshwar Temple as lord Ram formed a Shivling with kamal (Lotus flower). We further drive passing through Ma Dhari Devi Temple and reaching Rudrapryag Distrcit famous its confluence of River Alaknanda and River Mandakani. We continue our drive to Guptkashi, is a comparatively big town located on an elevation of 1,319m situated in the Garhwal Himalayas in Rudraprayag district located in Uttarakhand, India. It is famous for its long-standing Vishwanath temple dedicated in honor of the Hindu god Shiva and is similar to that in Varanasi. On reaching Guptkashi we check into our booked accommodation followed by dinner.
Day 02 Guptkashi (4330 Ft) - Sonprayag -Gaurikund by surface 30Kms-Kedarnath (11750 Ft) by Trek 14 Kms
Today we might start early in the morning to beat the crowd, on some days we might start as early as 2-3 am. From Guptkashi Trekup India vehicle will drop you to the Sonprayag parking area from where on your own you need to board a local taxi from Sonprayag to Gaurikund in a local union jeep which is at Rs. 60-80 Per Person (direct payment). From Gaurikund we commence on a long tiring trek of 14-16 Kms to Kedarnath Temple. In case you are not in a position to hike (you have an option to book Doli, Palki, Horses at additional cost directly payable). On reaching Kedarnath meet Trekup India representative, who will assist you to your booked accommodation. If you are well in time, have an opportunity to witness evening Aarti Ceremony at the Temple.
Kedarnath Temple is the most sought-after shrine of the Hindu God Lord Shiva. The current Kedarnath Mandir was constructed in the eighth century A.D. by Adi Shankaracharya and is situated on the site of a temple that was earlier constructed in the time of the Pandavas. Adi Shankaracharya restored and built the beauty of the Kedarnath Temple as one of the 12 Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva. It is believed that the Kedarnath Temple is dated more than 1200 years ago.
Day 03 Kedarnath - Gaurikund by Trek approximately 14 kms hours – Guptkashi
This morning, you will observe the Aarti ceremony at Kedarnath Temple and trek back to Gaurikund, from where you will have to take a local taxi to Sonprayag (make sure to reach Sonprayag latest by 1300 hours). From Sonprayag we board our vehicles and proceed our drive to Guptkashi for overnight stay.
Day 04 Guptkashi – Rishikesh / Haridwar by surface 200 Kms approx. 6-7 Hours
Today, after breakfast at our accommodation we straight drive to Rishikesh. We will be reaching Rishikesh in the evening hours, hence make your onwards reservation accordingly.
Trek Cost Inclusion
- 03 Nights’ Accommodation during the trip will be provided using Standard Category Hotels on Twin Sharing Basis (Except in Kedarnath which will be on multi sharing basis and basic category.)
- Meals as specified in the itinerary on MAP i.e. Breakfast and Dinner basis (it will be basic Indian vegetarian Meals on buffet basis- No meals in Kedarnath)
- Transportation using non-AC vehicle on sharing basis from Rishikesh – Rishikesh as per the Itinerary and given routine.
- All toll tax, parking, fuel and driver allowances are included.
Trek Cost Exclusion
- Mandatory GST of 5% on Invoice Amount
- Any kind of Travel / Health Insurance (Trekup India strictly recommend each traveler to please carry your own travel / health insurance)
- Any Meals /Snacks / Beverages in during trip and in Kedarnath
- Any Cost for Airfare / Train fare (This can be booked and arranged by Trekup India at additional cost)
- Any Kind of Medical expenses, kindly do carry your daily use medicine along
- Any tips to your service providers, laundry charges, Phone calls, liquors or any kind of drink, mineral water, camera fee or any other personal nature expenses.
- Any pony / Horses, Doli, Palki Cost during Yatra to Kedarnath Temple (Client can book them on the spot-on direct expenses)
- Any Helicopter charges for Kedarnath Temple – Be Careful on booking Heli tickets.
- Any kind of rituals or Pooja Ceremonies at the Dham’s, this can be done on spot with direct payment.
- Any other fee / charges not mentioned in the cost included section
- If there is a significant increase in the price of transportation, Local Union, Government, (including fuel surcharges) or accommodations provided by other parties than the Trekup India. This will influence the cost. The additional cost of the unprecedented is at the expense of the customer.
- Trekup India does not take responsibility for any alteration to the itinerary as schedule due to any natural calamity, landslides or flight & trains, buses cancellations or weather conditions. Any extra cost is the responsibility of the customers.
- Note that the cost for these programs was determined and quoted based on current tax structure; any modifications and increases in tax structure enforced by the government officials will affect the cost and will result in additional costs to be borne by the client.
- Any assistance that may require assistance due to natural calamities or emergencies will be handled through Trekup India or our operational partner on the ground to meet safety or other needs without prior consultation with customers because of the nature of the situation. The cost of these emergency actions is solely the obligation of the customer.
- Please note that the trekking and driving times in the schedule are estimates and may differ due to breaks for food and photos, bad weather, or road conditions.
- Smoking or drinking alcohol during the excursion is strictly forbidden. If you are found to be in violation of these rules, you will be banned from participating in the trip and it will be canceled immediately without prior notification or any refund.
- Risk and Liability: Trekup India shall not be held accountable for any consequences resulting from natural disasters, weather conditions or failure of scheduled airlines delay, detention or delays because of quarantine, strike or theft, any other force majeure, civil disorder or government regulation. Also, the company will not be held responsible in case of any accident , vehicle, bus or any other mode of transport that falls within the program schedule. The passengers are aware that such circumstances could occur and we will notify you of any situation when we come to information. The right to modify or cancel any trip as the conditions demand and any additional costs that arise in this case will be the responsibility of the guests. Also, the company will not be held accountable for any damage or loss to your personal possessions.
- Booking with Trekup India states that you read and understand all points mentioned in note section of this trip.
How To Reach Haridwar?
Jolly Grant Airport is the nearest airport to reach Dehradun by flight that is located almost 25km away from the city. You can find regular flights from Delhi to Dehradun.
However, if you are planning to reach Dehradun by flight then it is better to come one day in advance.
In case, you want to reach Dehradun from Delhi by train then two express trains are quite convenient. With the train, it is an overnight journey. The two trains are mentioned below:
- Nandadevi Express – Train no: 12205 (Departure 11:50pm; Arrival – 5:40am)
- Dehradun Express – Train no: 12687 (Departure – 9:10pm; Arrival – 5:00am)
From Delhi, you can find a regular bus service for Dehradun. ISBT Kashmere Gate is the main bus station in Delhi from where you will find both ac and non-ac buses for Dehradun.
However, it is always better to take government buses from Kashmere Gate ISBT. The bus will drop you at Dehradun ISBT and then we will send our staff who will pick you up from Dehradun Railway Station, so you need to reach there.
- At 06:00 am, Travller, Bolero or any other vehicle like this will only pick you up from Dehradun Railway Station.
- By 04:00 pm, you will be reaching Sankri.