Chopta Chandrashaila with Tungnath & Deoriatal
Call Our Mountain Experts
Chopta Chandrashila Tungnath Deoriatal Trek
The 2 Night and 3 Day Trek to Chopta Chandrashila Tungnath Deoriatal provides a complete bundle of Exploration, a perfect blend of Adventure, spirituality, leisure, fun, and hospitality. The vast meadows and evergreen forest never let your eyes tired. The steep Trek to Tungnath Temple might drain your energy; however, you cannot miss the joy and happiness of making it to the world’s highest Shiva temple Tungnath located at 3680 meters, and it’s believed to be a 1000-year-old Shiv temple, regain your energy here and Chandershailla peak awaits your visit to its top and offers you 360-degree Himalayan snow-capped peaks, the best and once in a lifetime feeling one can have at an altitude 3690 meters. We also trek to Deoriatal, perched perfectly in the middle of the forest with a fascinating high Himalayan backdrop. Leave yourself in nature’s lap, feel the authenticity of the place, and enjoy the wow factor of night star gazing & shooting stars. Chopta Chandrashilla tungnath and Deoriatal can be done around the year trek. Whenever you come, enjoy the various site of it, which gives you a first-timer feeling.
What Mountain Expert Say
Priyanka | Mountain Expert
Why You Should DoChopta Chandrashila Tungnath Deoriatal Trek?
As you travel from Delhi to Rishikesh, you pass Devpryag, Srinagar, Rudrapryag, Ukhimath, and Dhari Devi upon reaching the mountain. At Devpryag, two holy rivers, Alaknanda and Bhagirathi, merge to become Ganga. It is a beautiful sight to behold. As you pass through Rudrapryag, it is believed that Narad Muni worshiped Lord Shiva here, and to bless Him, God incarnated himself as Rudra Avtaar. When you reach Chopta, you will see massive Bugyals covering the hills.
If you visit in March, April, and May, you will see rhododendrons in full bloom in crimson and pink. You can also witness the endangered Musk Deer at the Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary, formerly called the Kedarnath Musk Deer Sanctuary. On a clear day, you could see the mountains reflecting on the crystal-clear lake of Deoriyatal.
Deoria Tal (Deoriyatal) Lake is called The Reflection Lake in Sari Village. Sari Village is an eco-tourist village, and you can stay in more than 10+ small hotels and homestays. In addition, you could also talk to the host and learn about local culture and traditions. If you like, you could try the local cuisine Chausa bhaat (Rice/ black soya daal). This trek gives you an advantage in exploring Shiva temple Tungnath temple, which is at an impressive height.
You will see the mountains like Kedar Peak, Nanda Devi, Chaukamba, Mt. Trishul, and Bandarpooch when you reach the top of the mountain, Chandershaila. It will be less complicated and easier to trek through slowly increasing altitude. You see the hills in different colors in different seasons each time you visit. After returning, you will pass through Rishikesh, the city of saints, as the name suggests.
It is possible to participate in the Ganga Arty, which is held in the evening. Alternatively, adventure activities like rafting, bungy jumping, giant swings, ziplining, and sky cycling are a few of those activities.
Best Time For Chopta Chandrashailla Tungnath & Deoriatal Trek
You can do Chopta Chandrashailla Trek all year round, as you have the opportunity to view snow-covered mountains in the winter season. When the snow melts in the spring, you can see the canopy of oak and rhododendron trees. In summer, the hills are entirely green, and you can witness nature at its best with waterfalls like Akash Kamini in Sari, flowers, and birds chirping. Autumn is the next best season for visiting, as it is post-monsoon, and you get to view the mountains changing color from green. You get to see the immense grasslands of Bhrujgali. You could see the mountains looking like burning forests in March and April by Rhodo Forests.
Know your location altitude: -
- Delhi – 300 Meters
- Rishikesh – 340 Meters
- Chopta – 2608 Miters
- Tungnath Temple – 3690 Meters
- Chandershilla Peak – 4130 meters
- Deoriyatal – 2438 Meters
- Note: Above given altitudes are approximate
The route you will follow: -
Day Wise Detailed Itinerary Of Chopta Chandrashailla Tungnath Deoriatal Trek
Day 01: Rishikesh – Chopta by drive
- Stay: Overnight stay in fixed Swiss Camps.
- Meal: Dinner only
- Drive Distance: 235 kms; Time Taken: approx. 6-7 Hrs
- Altitude: Rishikesh (1115 ft / 340 Mtrs.), Chopta (8556 ft / 2608 Mtrs.),
- Altitude gain: approx. (7441 ft / 2268 Mtrs.)
- Trek Grade: By Vehicle
Enjoy scenic mountain driving, making some enroute stop to freshen up, meals at your own cost, capturing some moments with your cameras, and having fun driving with some light music. After crossing, we pass through some essential destinations like Devpryag, Rudrapryag, and Ukhimath and finally arriving our destination by late afternoon/evening. On arrival, check into the booked Swiss camps, rest, and relax at the campsite with evening tea followed by dinner and a good night’s sleep.
Day 2: In Chopta (Trek to Tungnath & Chandershila) by - driving to Saari village
- Stay: Overnight stay home stay (primary); Meal: B/L/D
- Trek Distance: 5.5 kms from Chopta to Tungnath & Chandershila, from Chopta to Saari by road 40 kms; Time Taken: approx. 3-5 Hrs
- Altitude: Chopta (8556 ft / 2608 Mtrs.), Tungnath (12,106 ft / 3690 Mtrs.), Chandershila (13,583 ft / 4130 Mtrs.
- Altitude gain: approx. Chopta to Tungnath(3550 ft / 3422 Mtrs.), Tungnath to Chandershila (1477 ft / 440 Mtrs.)
- Trek Grade: Gradual – Moderate
Today morning enjoy breakfast at the campsite meeting and an introduction with the Trekup India guide and get briefed about the trek. Note down Do’s and Don’ts during the trek.
Enjoy the gradual trek on a well-laid path to the temple, passing through rich flora and fauna, with huge Rhodendron and pine trees in the vast meadows. The excitement of reaching the temple and peak will push you hard to reach the top. On reaching the temple, regain your drained energy; pay your offering at the world’s highest Shiva temple, which is believed to be 1000 years. The trek is ongoing and does a final climb to Chandershila Summit; it greets you with an impressive 360 Degree Himalayan Peak and the sunset view from the summit ice on the cake. Spend some time at the windy summit, capture great moments, and return to Chopta. Afterward, hop into our vehicles and drive to Saari Village for an overnight stay.
Day 3: Saari To Deoriatal To Rishikesh
- Stay No Accommodation
- Meal: Breakfast
- Trek Distance: 2.5 kms from Saari to Deoriatal, from Rishikesh to Delhi by road 0 kms.
- Time Taken: approx. 13-14 Hrs
- Altitude: Saari (6601 ft / 2012 Mtrs.), Deoriyatal (12,106 ft / 3690 Mtrs.).
- Altitude gain: approx. (5505 ft / 1678 Mtrs.)
- Trek Grade: Gradual
Today morning enjoys a leisurely breakfast at the Homestay. After that, we will walk to entrance point of proceed Deoriyatal trek, located at an altitude of 2012 meters; it’s a calm & serene lake known for its fantastic reflection of Chaukhamba peak in crystal clear water, also offering vast, splendid Himalayan range at the backdrop the peaks viewable are Chaukhamba, Bandarpunch, Kalanag, Nilkantha, and Kedar ranges. Later, we will trek back to the road head, hop into our vehicles and proceed the drive towards Rishikesh, arriving by evening hours, get drop at Natraj Chowk or ISBT Rishikesh.
Food Provided by Us During the Chopta Chandrashailla Tungnath Deoriatal Trek
We provide only Indian vegetarian food and mainly your meal is going to contain Indian bread, vegetable, lentils and Rice along with delicious dessert. During your trek, we will serve three meals a day including breakfast, lunch, and dinner. In the evening, you will also be served tea & snacks and lip-smacking soup before dinner. If it will be a long day of trekking, you will be given a packed snack.
After doing a lot of research on the nutritional requirements for the trekkers, we prepare the menu. Before putting all the meals together, we also consider altitude gained and weather.
The meal served by us while trek is perfectly balanced with the right amounts of calories, carbohydrates, vitamins, protein, fiber, and minerals. You need to know that all our cooks have great expertise in cooking and have undergone thorough training. So, get ready to enjoy delectable and lip-smacking dishes during your trek. You will be served with lemon tea in the tent in order to start your day with a refreshed feeling. Before leaving the campsite for trekking, you will be given a hot finger-licking breakfast like upma, Aallu Prantha, Besan Chilla, Poha, Daliya, Corn flakes, Maggie, along with tea or coffee.
In case, your trek will be longer one then we also offer some fresh local fruits such as apples and even healthy drinks like Frootie or Maaza. In the afternoon, you will be served simple & healthy lunch, while at around 04:00 pm, you will be given tea and a light evening breakfast. After you reach your campsite at night, you will be served a hot and delightful dinner. After reading this, you must have got the idea about the food provided by us on trek, you don’t need to worry about food. Many trekkers trek with us again and again because of the food we provide. Thus, we will definitely give you unforgettable experiences
Safety During Chopta Chandrashailla Tungnath Deoriatal Trek
Trekking with us for Chopta and Chandrashailla with Tungnath & Deoriatal Trek is completely safe because we have a team of trek leaders who are qualified in Wilderness first-aid and also have complete information about the high-altitude glitches. During Trek, we carry a complete first-aid kit that contains all the important medicines. Before trekking with us, you need to ensure that you are medically fit for the trek and if you are able to judge yourself then it is better to take advice from a professional. For us, your medical fitness is very important than anything else.
Know About Us:- You need to know that our company Trekup India has been in the field of Adventure Tourism for the last 23 years. Right from our inception, we have been involved in providing treks, voyage & hiking programs as well as high altitude expedition rafting.
We keep on organizing treks in Uttarakhand, Kashmir, Sikkim and Himachal, while being a part of the trekking community, we feature more than 75 Himalayan documented treks. Apart from other outdoor activities, our company also organizes trips for schools, colleges, and family.
We ensure complete technical safety in the mountain
Our company has a vast team of more than 100 guides, as well as trainers in order, serve in the mountain treks. One of the best things about our team is that all the members are trained professionally from Nehru Institute of Mountaineering, Indian mountaineering foundation Delhi as well as Hanifle Center Outdoor Education Mussoorie.
Therefore, we never believe in compromising on the quality as well as services offered to our valuable customers.
For Us, Your Safety Is the Top Priority
At Trekup India, you will find a team with local knowledge and fluency in English as well as Hindi. This helps in ensuring that you have an amazing trek and not only this, we also pay attention to your health as well as safety because this is something we cannot ignore. All the team leaders involved in trekking have already undergone several professional courses in First Aid, Portable Altitude Chamber Training, CPR, Environmental Awareness Training as well as Advanced Wilderness Emergency Medicine.
We also carry a complete first aid medical kit not only on the trek but on each and every trip which is organized by us. Apart from the medical kit, we carry a portable altitude chamber and medical oxygen for all kinds of high-altitude treks . Our company has great expertise in organizing all sorts of group adventure holidays for family groups, school & college groups as well as friend groups. When it comes to travel options, we have a wide range that suits different fitness levels as well as traveling styles.
Therefore, no matter who big the group size, we pay personal attention to each and every member present in the group.
How We Ensure That Your Trek Is Safe with Us
Right from our establishment, we at Trekup India, are continuously involved in introducing new safety practices into Indian trekking in order to ensure the safety of voyagers. For walking on snow, Trekpp India introduced Microspikes and also made emergency bottled oxygen mandatory for all kinds of treks. In order to test pulse as well as oxygen saturation levels, pulse oxymeters are used. As a safety communication device, we at TrekupIndia introduced radio.
Though we have noticed that most of the organizations organizing treks do not follow these systems but with time several competing companies are adopting these practices and organizing great and safe treks.
Explore our New Safety Protocols
In order to ensure a perfect Trek, we have introduced some new safety checks that will assure more safety for our trekkers.
Our On-trek safety checks includes:
- Daily oxygen saturation along with pulse readings
- Stretchers team appointed on every trek
- Trained mountain staff and full safety
- Additional oxygen cylinders
- Special medical kit for high altitude treks
- Microspikes on all types of snow treks
- Experienced Trek leaders as well as safety
- Technical team on all snowy slopes
What should you pack for the Chopta and Chandrashailla with Tungnath & Deoriatal Trek?
Being an trekking, adventure & travel company, we get many questions from our trekkers and most common question that arises is what to carry or what should we pack for the trek? Sometime it becomes difficult to explain in details and therefore below we have prepared the detailed packing list, helpful for all trekkers coming to the Himalayas. Whenever we go on trek or start packing things one should remember the packing pattern i.e. either you start from head to foot or foot to head, this way there will be rare chance that you will forget the items to pack, so go step by step.
Make sure your backpack should be comfortable neither too big nor to small and for a week trek 60-70 liters of backpack should be enough to hold all your belongings. Ensure that your backpack has good hip & Shoulder support and pockets should be accessible quickly.
All trekkers should keep in mind that daypack is very important, this will be a great help to you while on trek, also every single day you won’t be carrying you backpack therefore for day excursion , shorter hikers, sightseeing you can carry your stuff in it.
- Trekking shoes: Preferably water proof, ankle support.
- Walking / Hiking sandals: This can be used off trek i.e. in the morning and evening hours, basically to get your feet rest from heavy boots, sometime used for crossing streams and rivers, it’s more comfortable and safe than crossing barefoot or wetting your boots.
- Sneakers (Optional): For normal driving days or can use around the camp
- Socks (3-4 Pairs) – Make sure to choose material wisely, it should be quick drying, warm and comfortable.
- Hiking / trekking jacket: Carry good quality layer jackets
- Hiking pants: Check some kind of long nylon blend, light and quick drying pants. Warm covers ups like fleece-lined tracksuit pants or ski pant.
- Undergarments as per your habitual requirement
- T-Shirts and Shorts (3-4 Warm comfortable)
- Ordinary Shirt / T-shirt – Just in case everything gets wet this will help for roaming around.
- Long Sleeve shirt – can be used as a base layer on colder days
- Socks – at least 4-5 pairs
- Leggings – Can be used specially chilling morning and evening , to keep your body warm
- Thermals – get 2 pairs of thermals, this will be great need a body to keep it warm.
- Buff / Balaclava – This is a must to carry to cover your neck and this item is an ideal solution to keep your neck / throat warm.
- Beanie Cap- Very helpful item for colder and windy days should carry 1, also sometime when its freezing cold you can use it a night as well.
- Hiking Hat- this will basically help during the day time specially from the sun rays, make sure it has a strip so that wind does not below is far from your headJ..
- Gloves – 01 pair will be enough to keep your hand warm and nice.
- Rain wears
- Rain Coat and Pant – Carry a pair of it to protect you from the rain OR
- Rain Poncho – during long rains, the waterproof jackets starts leaking but poncho does get work in keeping you dry, so choose accordingly.
- Rain covers: Some small water proof to cover your backpack and daypack as well for your gadgets.
- Gadgets and Electronic
- Trekking Poles
- Mobile phone
- Spare batteries for phone and camera, powerbank
- Light weight flash light or headlight
- Waterproof bag made up of plastic for camera
- Music system / Bluetooth
- Plug/converter for electrical items
- 1 liter water bottle
- Journal with pen would be good idea to keep your notes.
- Some book of your interest for ideal time
- Get into habit of keeping Map and guide book of the region.
- Hygiene & Personal toiletry
- Sunscreen with UV protection
- 1 or 2 small quick-drying towels
- Toilet paper/tissues/wet-wipes
- Toothbrush/toothpaste/ mouth freshener
- Deodorant / Talcum powder
- Sanitary pads/tampons (For female traveler)
- Bio gradable Soap
- Nail clipper
- Your other personal items that you use on daily basis
- Personal First aid Kit and Energy – below are some common medicine generally required / used during your adventure trip, however please consult your doctors prior.
- Antiseptic towel or water syringe (to clean the wound)
- Butterfly bandage for small cut
- Cotton and elastic bandages and sterile gauze pad for larger wounds
- Latex gloves used when its wound bleeds
- Medicine for Diarrhea (Upset stomach)
- Medicine for cold, flue / fever headache
- Some pain killers
- ORS pouches
- Quick pain relief spray (External use)
- Any personal medicine prescribed by your doctor
- Dimox / Similar for high altitude sickness
- Bug Repellent
- Carry some nutria / energy bars and drinks (non-alcoholic)
Note: Kindly consult your doctor before purchasing or taking any medicine.
9.Compulsory Documents to Carry
These are files needed to be submitted at Forest Department before ypur trek. With no of these, you will not be permitted to trek .Original and photocopy of government photo identity card. Carry Id’s like adhaar, voter id, etc.
Important note: You can book rent gears, what you can rent & buy from us and what you need to get from your home town, make your bagpack easy not heavy.
Click the link: https://rent.trekupindia.com/
Now you are all set for your Adventure trip with Trekup India!!
Trek Cost Inclusion
Stay: 1 Night stay in swiss fixed camps on triple sharing basis, 1 Night stay in Home stay at Sari Village on triple sharing basis
Meals: 2 Breakfast,1 Packed Lunch and 2 Dinners on fixed menu basis
Transport: Transport from Ex-Rishikesh (vehicle depending on group size Non-AC in hills)
Trek Equipment: Sleeping bag, Sleeping tents, Kitchen tent, Dining tent, Toilet Tent.
Amenities: All utensils, sleeping mattresses (Black form mats), Crampons, and Gaiters for snow.
Health & Safety: First Aid Box, Oxygen Cylinders, Stretchers, Oxi meters, BP Machines, health.
Permits: Forest Permits and Camping Permission Fee
Trek Crew: High Altitude Chef, Helpers, Trek Leader & Guides, and other support teams.
Certificate: Trek Completion
Trek Cost Exclusion
GST 5% (it is Mandatory)
Any insurance (Trekup India recommends each trekker get insurance)
Any Meals/accommodation beside the itinerary or not mentioned in the program.
Any Bus / Airfare to/from trek start/end point.
Personal Medical expenses, do carry your medication.
Any personal services such as Laundry, phone calls, liquors, mineral water, etc.
Any still / video camera fee
Any Entrance fee Monuments, Monasteries, Museums, Temples – Pay directly on the spot.
Mules or porter charges to carry personal baggage (Offload Charges for bag 500 per day, per bag. Note: Bag weight should not be more than 10 kg.
Any emergency evacuation charges
Any services that are not mentioned in the cost inclusion section.
Satellite phone, Gamow/PAC HAPO Bag (Portable Hyperbaric Bag), and AEDs (Automated External Defibrillators).
If any additional cost occurs due to Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19, the guest will bear it.
How To Reach Rishikesh / Haridwar?
Jolly Grant Airport is the nearest airport to reach Rishikesh by flight that is located almost 25km away from the city. You can find regular flights from Delhi to Rishikesh. However, if you are planning to reach Rishikesh by flight then it is better to come one day in advance.
In case, you want to reach Rishikesh from Delhi by train then you have to reach Hridwar 1st then from there you can take bus to Rishikesh its 35 kms from Haridwar to Rishikesh.
From Delhi, you can find a regular bus service for Rishikesh. ISBT Kashmere Gate is the main bus station in Delhi from where you will find both ac and non-ac buses for Rishikesh.